News and Forthcoming Events
- Amit Acharya will be visiting Bath as Leverhulme Visiting Professor in 2015.
- The LMS is funding a research group at Bath, Imperial and Reading at the triple point of analysis, stochastics and geometry.
- We received funding from the GW4 initiative for a network `Functional Materials Far From Equilibrium'. The other coordinators are David Wright in Exeter, Nicolas Dirr in Cardiff and
Chenchiah in Bristol.
- Kaushik Dayal will be a David Parkin Visiting Professor in 2015.
- AARG! The Applied Analysis Reading Club is meeting on Thursdays at 3:30pm (unless stated otherwise) in 4W 1.7; the seminar schedule is online.
News and Events Archive
- Dietmar Hömberg and I are running an industry day on 22 November, with a delegation from Nippon Steel visiting Bath.
- Dietmar Hömberg is visiting Bath for semester 1 in 2012/13.
- Applications are invited for a University Research
Studentship on Large deviation analysis of systems far from
equilibrium. This project is jointly supervised
and Rob Jack
(Physics). A project
decription is available. See
page for more information.
- 7-8 December 2009:
Models in Solids, a joint event
and the network Mathematical
Challenges of Molecular Dynamics. Organisers
E and myself.
- 13 - 15 July 2009: The Second Annual Meeting of the EPSRC
Challenges of Molecular Dynamics: A Mathematical-Chemical
Forum will be held in Bath. Co-organisers
Schubert and Florian
- A group picture for the Workshop Variational and
Topological Methods and Water Waves, on the occasion
Toland's 60th birthday, is now
available online. As
one can see, the healthy humidity of the English air seems to
be mistaken by some visitors as rain.
- 14 - 16 May 2009: Workshop Variational and Topological
Methods and Water Waves, Bath, organised jointly
Burton and L E
- 11-15 September 2006: A Regional LMS
Meeting and an associated workshop Analysis and
Stochastics of Growth Processes will be held in Bath.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together analysts and
probabilists working on the mathematical description of growth
phenomena. Models based on the physics of individual particles
will be discussed alongside models based on the continuum
description of large collections of particles. Subjects covered
in the workshop include evolution equations, crystal growth,
ferromagnetism, lattice gases, diffusion limited aggregation,
variational calculus, curvature flows, and coarsening. Plenary
speakers are Pierre-Louis Lions and Timo Seppäläinen. Organisers are Roger Moser, Peter Mörters, Mathew Penrose,
Schwetlick and myself.
- 26-30 June 2006: The Bath Institute for
Complex Systems is organising a summer school
Modelling Across the Scales. Lecturers include
, Rachel Kuske , Hans Mühlhaus and
myself. This summer school is linked to the summer schoon Complex Networks: Analysis, Control and
Applications held in Bristol in the following week (3-7
July 2006). Another related summer school ‘Dynamics of
Complex Systems’ will be held at Imperial in 2006.
- 25 April 2006: Minisymposium Dissipative multi-scale
models in materials science, organised jointly with Stephen
Watson, as part of the BAMC Colloquium 2006, 24-27 April